[Previous entry: "Continued Custom Drum Madness"] [Main Index] [Next entry: "My English Profile"]
04/29/2005 Entry: "The Prude MI-5"
How discussion like this came up at the office is beyond me. But one of these questions came up, and a quick poll ensued. I used it as a spring board, and now give you the "How prudish are you?" MI-5.
1. What do you wear to bed? Does it change depending on time of year?
During the summer, I wear just my boxers. In winter, I wear the pants to a pajama set. Before bed, when I'm still up and around, I'll either wear a robe (blue terry) or the top to the pajamas. I can't wear the top to bed, as it's too confining when I want to roll over. Very, very rarely will I sleep au naturel. Julia will still come into our bed when she has a nightmare, and I wouldn't want to make it worse for her!
2. You wake up in the middle of the night, and have to go to the bathroom/get a drink/whatever. You're sleeping nude. Do you put something on before you get up?
Yes. Either the top of the jammies goes on, or the robe does. Even now, when I get up with one of the boys, the top goes on. They love to tug at my chest hair, so I try to keep covered!
3. You're home alone. You need to use the bathroom. Do you close the door?
Yes. The bathroom door always gets closed. The only time I don't is when I'm at the office alone, and I need to use the bathroom. I leave the door open just a crack so I can here if someone comes in the front door.
4. You spouse/significant other is in the bathroom, actively using the commode. You need something in there. Do you go in?
No. Susan and I agree on this. There our some things that are too private, even for a married couple. Seeing one or the other on the can is one of those things.
5. You're home alone. No one is expected. A quiet evening is planned. What will you be wearing--clothes, jammies, nothing?!
I wear clothes until it's bedtime. I don't normally hang out in my jammies. And if you couldn't figure out from my previous answers, I wouldn't just be "hanging out" naked. (Pun intended!)
Replies: 1 person has rocked the mic!
1. All year round, I wear a two-piece cotton pajama set that consists of a short-sleeve shirt and a pair of shorts. I always wear underwear and a sports bra with my pajamas. This helps out with question #5. I have about 4 sets that I have owned for about 4 or 5 years (Christmas gift from Mom and Dad). I guess if someone needs an idea for a birthday gift, there you go!
2. I never sleep nude, but if by some chance I was, I doubt I would put anything on. We have a master bathroom, and the door is even on my side of the bed. In the event that I had to go down a hallway, though, I'm quite sure I'd throw on a long t-shirt or something, just in case I woke up one of the boys.
3. I'm never home alone, and I very rarely close the bathroom door. Caleb pretty much follows me everywhere, and he'd probably have a heart attack if I kept him out. If Dwane is home when the need strikes, I'll take a book and shut the door. That's my "alone time".
4. Generally speaking, I don't care if Dwane comes in when I'm in the bathroom, but I think I didn't get comfortable with that until after several years of marriage. Dwane, however, hates to be interrupted, and I try to honor that the best I can. (Delivering the portable phone to him would be an exception.)
5. See #1. My jammies come out. It's not unusual for me to be in my jammies from 7:00 PM until 10:00 AM the next morning. Since they look like a short set, and I have a full set of underwear on underneath, I can get away with it. I think I get that from my Mom--"loungewear" for "daywear". Ask Mom what she wore to Aunt Ginny's wedding.
Posted by Lisa @ 04/29/2005 07:46 AM EST