[Previous entry: "Is it something I said?"] [Main Index] [Next entry: "Another Theme Already???"]
10/13/2006 Entry: "Lisa's MI-5"
My sister says: I am getting ready to go on a bus trip to Pigeon Forge, Tennessee, with my Mom. I’ve tried to come up with some “Tennessee”-type questions. I’ve actually come up with 6 questions this week, but feel free to answer only 5:
1. Graceland is in Memphis, Tennessee. I won’t be going there, but what are your feelings about Elvis?
I just saw him eat three double cheeseburgers with extra mustard in Burger King! Really, though, I like his early Sun Records stuff, but after that, it doesn't really grab me. It's just not my thing. Carl Perkins and Jerry Lee Lewis were on Sun, too, and about the same time. I prefer both of those guys to Elvis. And, I prefer Elvis Costello to Elvis Presley.
2. I will be visiting the Smoky Mountain National Park. Which National Parks have you been to? What did you think?
The only national park I've been to is Acadia. I think Susan was with me, but I can't remember why we went. Oh, wait, maybe I remember better. Jim was with us too. I think that was the trip where I was rear ended at a stoplight, and got pushed into the car in front of me. Anyway, we didn't really explore too much. I would like to go again, and perhaps have a guided tour of the "carriage roads,"--and specifically the bridges--that Rockefeller financed.
3. I will also get to go to Dollywood, an Entertainment Park. Have you been to any amusement parks? Which one was your favorite? Do you like roller coasters? Tell me about the scariest roller coaster (or other ride) that you have been on.
I've been to Busch Gardens VA, Disney World, Hershey Park, Story Land, and Santa's Village. Disney World was my favorite. It was so far above the others, it's like it's not even in the same category. I can't wait to go back someday. The Magic Kingdom was my favorite park, as it seemed to be the most "kiddie." And, when you're a parent taking your kids, it's about them and not you.
I do like roller coasters, and have been on quite a few. I remember the "Super Duper Looper" in Hershey, as it was the first coaster I road on with a loop. There was some big one in Busch Gardens I rode, but I don't remember what it was called. Something about a dragon, or Loch Ness, or something like that. I rode the "runaway train" coaster in Disney with Susan, and she prayed and clung to me the whole time!
4. My Mom and I will be taking in a lot of variety-type shows featuring music and comedy. Most of the music seems to be billed as “Gospel, Bluegrass, and Americana music”. Do you like this type of music? If so, recommend a CD to me.
Love it! With my new XM radio in the car, I frequently find myself listening to bluegrass. I tend to like the minor key, depressing bluegrass stuff---the type about whisky and killing someone with a shovel. Me, into depressing music? Who'da thought! :-) On Sunday nights, the have a show called "Gospel Grass": bluegrass gospel songs. That's another favorite. So is the "Oh Brother Where Art Thou" soundtrack.
5. This will be the furthest I have gone by bus or car. How far have you gone in a bus or car? Where did you go? If you were not doing the driving, how did you pass the time? (I’m considering buying a Nintendo DS, a Playstation Portable, or a Game Boy Advance to pass the time on the bus—anyone have any recommendations about any of those?)
The farthest I've been by bus is Virginia, on trips with the RDHS band. Once, Susan and I were chaperones! The farthest I've personally driven is somewhere out in PA, to cousin Jen and Dave's wedding. I can't remember the exact town, but I remember I went through Wilkes Barre, and the deer where everywhere!
I know nothing about video games, other than I like Donkey Kong and Frogger.
6. We will also get to do a lot of outlet shopping. Do you like outlet shopping? What outlets are your favorites?
When we visit NH, there's a grouping of outlet stores we visit. I can't remember the name, but it's like Pheasant Green or something like that. Occasionally we hit the stores down in Freeport, but nothing major. I tend to favor the Phalzcraft, Lindt, and Levi's outlets.
Replies: 1 person has rocked the mic!
Frogger rocks! I love frogger!
Posted by Amy @ 10/14/2006 12:49 AM EST