[Previous entry: "SSI"] [Main Index] [Next entry: "Reasons 4 Love, #2"]
04/09/2003 Entry: "Quiz, drums, blah blah blah"
1. Sexier (female)...Pamela Anderson or Jennifer Garner? Well, I had to look up Jennifer Garner. But I'd have to vote for her by default. Pam Anderson is just white trailer trash to me. And the tattoos! Blech!
2. Sexier (male)...Ben Affleck or Matt Damon? Ben Affleck, I guess.
3. The better piano player...Billy Joel or Elton John? Billy Joel. Anyone who says otherwise is fooling themselves. Elton John is a rock and roll piano player, and that's cool. I don't want to take anything away from his skills. But Billy Joel gave up pop superstardom to work on his classical chops. And, from a musician's point of view, classical piano is way more challenging technically the r&r piano. All that being said, I'd rather listen to Duke than either one of them. Maybe the question should pin the Duke against the Count.
4. Funnier...David Letterman or Craig Kilborn? Letterman.
5. The dumber cartoon cat...Stimpy (of *Ren & Stimpy*) or Tom (of *Tom & Jerry*)? Stimpy is more stupid, but I like him better. I'm not a huge Tom and Jerry fan, although Julia is.
6. A better news anchor...Tom Brokaw or Dan Rather? Brokaw. Of the 3 big networks, he seems the least biased of the bunch. And you know who I think is the most even handed? Tim Russert.
7. A better TV chef...Emeril Lagasse or Jacques Pepin? Emeril. His TV personality is better. As far as chef-ing goes, I don't care for either one of them. Give me Mario Batali.
8. The trashier talk show host...Maury Povich or Jerry Springer? Jerry is way more trashy.
9. The worse fast food burger joint...McDonald's or Burger King? Burger King. But give me a Wendys!
10. Thought-provoking question of the week: Only a handful of U.S. Presidents have been considered to be *great* Of the following two, which one do you consider to be greater...Franklin D. Roosevelt or Abraham Lincoln? Why? Abraham Lincoln; Republican. What more do you need? FDR? Democrat. Great Depression. Only bailed out economically by WWII. Yeah. Great president. [/sarcasm]
Well, the custom drum builder has called me a couple of times. He was supposed to call me the end of last week. I didn't hear from him, so I called him on Monday. His phone had been disconnected. That was not what I needed to hear. I had had enough, so I filed a complaint with PayPal. (I used them to wire the money to him.) A couple of hours later, I got a voicemail. "Bill, this is K _. I just got an email from PayPal. Give me a call on my cell phone." So I did. He explained that his wallet had been stolen Friday night. On Monday, his phone company tried to bill the stolen card, and it was rejected. So they shut his phone off. (Man, that company has no mercy, huh?) I told him I was starting to run out of patience. He said "I'll finish the drum tonight, and I'll email you the tracking number (Tuesday)." I got home late last night after teaching Beginner's Internet. Susan and I were in bed watching a tape of Trading Spaces. She said, "Oh, by the way, K_ called. He said he was just finishing the drum, and that it would be shipped tomorrow." So he called me today. He says it's done. He asked if he could take a picture of it to use on his website. (You see, I had my drum made with BUBINGA on the outside and the inside. He didn't have a picture of a drum with in and outsides veneered.) I said "Sure, and after you take those pictures, email one to me." So supposedly it will be shipped today. We'll see...
Replies: 5 people have rocked the mic!
I Love you.................
Posted by Harvey @ 04/09/2003 07:13 PM EST
Your Garlic eaten Ninja kicked my butt.......So I tried again and it kicked it again.....wazz up. How do I defeat you?......
Posted by Harvey @ 04/09/2003 07:14 PM EST
Billy Joel rocks! I saw him and Elton together and they are both really great piano players but you are right!
Posted by Michelle @ 04/09/2003 09:21 PM EST
If Elton gave up his career to work on his Classical playing...would that make him AS GOOD a player or could we look at the possibilty that Mr. Joel can no longer handle the pressures of life as an R&R star......thus retreating to a narrow and pompus form of music......Also Classical players can't improvise to save themselves.
Posted by Harvey @ 04/09/2003 09:29 PM EST
The Great Depression came about through the failed economic policies of Herbert Hoover...a Republican. If you think Lincoln was a better prez, that's cool, you're probably right. But it wasn't because he was a Republican, it was because he was smart enough to realize that it was a good political move to abolish slavery.
Posted by Matt @ 04/17/2003 05:09 PM EST