[Previous entry: "Reasons 4 Love #27"] [Main Index] [Next entry: "Pirate Drums, looted the Gretsches"]
10/31/2003 Entry: "Friday Five Halloween Style"
1. What was your first Halloween costume? I can't remember this. Some of the high lights would include: Dracula, Ghost with necktie, Mike the CB'er (remember CBs in the 70s?), and some kind of construction worker costume I made from brown paper bags.
2. What was your best costume and why? My current costume (a black cloak with bell sleeves and a cowl) has served me very well for many years, and is quite versatile.
3. Did you ever play a trick on someone who didn't give you a treat? No. I never had someone not give me a treat. I remember people storing eggs until they were rotten. In high school, a classmate of mine was fired from McDonalds for stealing a case of eggs. 2 1/2 dozen in a flat, 20 flats in a case, equals 600 eggs. Wow!
4. Do you have any Halloween traditions? (ie: Family pumpkin carving, special dinner before trick or treating, etc.) Not really. I always looked forward to Aunt Diana's carmel apples. But really, that's her tradition, not mine. I do break out Saint Saens Danse Macabre for a listen this time of year, though.
5. Share your favorite scary story...real or legend! Dracula is a favorite of mine, as is Sleepy Hollow. I'm also a big Poe fan. I wrote a theater pieces based on his "Masque of the Red Death, " which is probably my favorite Poe work. Oh, and I also wrote a piece on "The Pit and the Pendulum," which is another favorite. And his "The Black Cat" is a favorite too.