[Previous entry: "Sidewalk Venting"] [Main Index] [Next entry: ""]
02/06/2004 Entry: "Friday 5"
1. What's the most daring thing you've ever done? Hard to say. My guess would be jumping off the roof of Charlie Yates garage into his pool.
2. What one thing would you like to try that your mother/friend/significant other would never approve of? Parachuting.
3. On a scale of 1-10, what's your risk factor? (1=never take risks, 10=it's a lifestyle) About average, I would guess. Let's say 5.
4. What's the best thing that's ever happened to you as a result of being bold/risky? I'm not sure. I can't think of anything really.
5. ... and what's the worst? I broke my ankle as a kid playing freeze football at Owls Head School. That's where you play football in the snow with no mittens or hat or coat. Jamie Lamb pulled me from out of the sky as I was jumping to catch a pass. Ouch. I had some major road rash from a speed wobble I got into on a skateboard on the hill by Jeff Waldron's house. I learned how to tighten the trucks from that experience.
Replies: 1 person has rocked the mic!
I was searching google for vistalite drums and I came across your site. Im 16 and ive been drumming ever since elementary school. I absolutely love it. Almost a year ago I started getting into vintage drums especially Vistalites. I think they are the neatest drums. This summer Im going to be making my own hopefully if I have the money.
Anyways like I was saying I came across your site and saw the articles about Chick Bailey. I have alot of respect him. He's so neat. He and my mom are good friends. About 3 years ago he gave me a metal 14'' Ludwig snare with stand. Then in May, two years ago he gave me one of his sets. Its a black 5 piece ludwig with 2 (what i think to be) vintage Zildjian Advedis crashes and a set of Advedis 13" hi-hats. Ive enjoyed it so much and I take the utmost care for it. Next time you see Chick ask him about me and he'll tell you. Well okay I gotta go do some homework for history and jam away on the set. Later!
Posted by Greg Gagne @ 02/06/2004 10:25 PM EST