[Previous entry: "The Friday Five"] [Main Index] [Next entry: "Crazy wild Props"]
03/19/2004 Entry: "The Winter Burn It"
So over at the Neurotic Fishbowl, they're sponsoring a Winter Burn It. The gist is that you make a CD on a certain theme, then mail coppies of the disc to three other participants. The theme this time was "winter time melancholy music." I of course tried this kind of thing a while ago with the Meet Billy Rhythm Through His Music Choices. (That was a complete flop. Only The Wop asked for a CD, and I asked Maria if she'd like one. Those were the only two that went out.)
Anyway, here's the track listing for "A Winter of Tuesdays," Billy Rhythm's depressing/melancholy music. (The title is from a poem I wrote in college. It's copywritten--please don't steal it.)
1. "'Cause We've Ended as Lovers," Jeff Beck
2. "Ghost Train," Counting Crows
3. "I Just Shot John Lennon," The Cranberries
4. "Wichita Skyline," Shawn Colvin
5. "In Memory of Elizabeth Reed," The Allman Brothers
6. "It's Too Late," Carol King
7. "Love Boat," Blind Albert
8. "Plenty," Sarah McLachlan
9. "Polaroids," Shawn Colvin (In retrospect, I could have ditched this one, and used another. No need for two of Shawn's tunes, though it is a good one.
10. "Resons Why," Nickle Creek
11. "Six Blade Knife," Dire Straits
12. "Strange Fruit," Billie Holiday
13. "The Last Payday," Harry Connick
14. "The Thrill is Gone," Chet Baker
Replies: 4 people have rocked the mic!
Posted by B @ 03/19/2004 06:11 PM EST
Yo, English Private ...
"The title is from a poem I wrote in college. It's copywritten--please don't steal it."
Copywritten? What is up with you?
Posted by Paddy @ 03/20/2004 12:31 AM EST
I also listened to that CD and I think I still have Genova's actually.
Doing a compelation of songs like what you did with lots of different styles is very hard to do. That is hard to do and make people want it. You should try to do something like "Billy Rhythm spins some Jazz" or something like that. Make it genre specific.
Posted by Jim @ 03/20/2004 01:25 PM EST
I am looking forward to receiving my cd!!! I tried not to look so I would be surprised by the cd list...but I couldn't help myself...whoo. Your track listings are great and I can't wait to get my cd
Posted by Amy @ 03/26/2004 03:29 PM EST