[Previous entry: "Another Quiz, Johnny A is MIA"] [Main Index] [Next entry: "Photos of Kids"]
09/24/2004 Entry: "MI-5, ND-5"
So Clarke was in charge of MI-5 this week. Last time he did one, he asked a bunch of music related questions. That's fine for me and Paddy, who are musicians, but you others didn't really care too much about that one. Now he's served up this week. And what is it? Some rehash of 5 questions some other site started! In fact, Jim answered them two weeks ago! Dave's questions are verbatim! (Note to self: don't ask Dave to do MI-5 unless you're desperate.) Nonetheless, here they are.
1. What is your favorite summer activity?
I'll break this into two parts. My favorite summer activity is canoeing and swimming. However, I do very little of either. My favorite summer activity that I actually get to do would be cooking out on the grill.
2. What was one great thing you did this summer?
3. When you were a child, what was your favorite summer activity?
We liked to play a lot of "guns" in Spruce Head. We'd take lobster trap laths from Uncle Ted's shop, and nail us together some machine guns. One time, my cousin "Little Roger" fired up Uncle Ted's table saw, and actually cut himself a stock for his rifle. It was nice! He was older than the rest of us; we would never think of turning on Uncle Ted's table saw.
4. What has been your favorite summer vacation?
Well, my two favorite vacations have come in the winter. But favorites would include trips to New Hampster with the folks, and canoeing the Alagash with Susan before we were married.
5. Summer goes well into September, but when do you feel like it is over?
First time I need to turn the heat on in the house.
Also, today has been declared Neil Diamond day at the office. So here's the ND-5
1) There are so many classic ND songs. If you had to choose one, which would it be?
"Love on the Rocks." I actually like that song. Something about seeing The Jazz Singer when I was a kid.
2) Name your favorite ND acting role and movie:
He acted in something other than The Jazz Singer?
3) Give us a little known trivia fact about ND:
His tour bus once broke down in Spruce Head, and he and his whole band had to stay in my grandmother's house. She treated them to haddock and pork scraps. Neil had two plates full.
4) Tell us a special memory that ND's music played an important role in:
I remember DJing this anniversary gig once. They insisted that "Sweet Caroline" be played. I still have the CD of that burned MP3 in my stash. (An since I was downloading tunes, I copped "Love on the Rocks" too.
5) What ND disk are you buying next?
Replies: 1 person has rocked the mic!
At which grandmother's house??
Posted by Aunt Ginny @ 09/27/2004 03:47 PM EST