[Previous entry: "I Thought I Had Something To Say"] [Main Index] [Next entry: "The Weekend Wrap Up"]
03/31/2006 Entry: "Gina stole this MI-5; from whom?"
1. If your life were a movie, what would it be rated and why?
Well, whatever normal life would be. PG, I guess. Nothing outrageous. No adult language to speak of. Some brief nudity, no real violence.
2. If the power was out for 24 hours, what would you do to carry on?
There's so much I could do without power! I think I'd rather like it! It would give me an opportunity to read, play some drums, clean house, stuff like that. I'd have no computer and no TV, and that's ok by me.
3. Which is more important, the ends or the means?
That has too many variables. Generally, though, I'd say the means. Kant said, though, that we should treat people as ends unto themselves, and never as a means. Also, never act on any mean that you wouldn't want to see become universal. I like that idea. This has been philosophy 101 with Billy Rhythm.
4. Everyone has their own thoughts about this - Are our personalities formed by nature or nurture? Explain your thoughts.
I think just about everything is nurture. I think you're pretty much a blank slate at birth. One third of babies have to be taught how to suck. If that's not built in--the ability to eat to sustain life--what is? Sex, hair color, eye color, fingerprints, that sort of thing is nature. The rest falls to the environment.
5. Who was president when you were born?
Nixon. I wasn't too old before Ford came in. One of my earlier memories is being at Aunt Dee Dee's and Uncle Roger's and watching the election returns for Ford/Carter.