[Previous entry: "New Folks on the Blogroll!"] [Main Index] [Next entry: "The Doors, or Why I Hate Home Depot"]
06/02/2006 Entry: "Jim's Spring MI-5"
1. What is your favorite spring flower? (name many if you have many)
Daffodils are my favorite. They last a long time, and are inexpensive. Lilacs are another favorite. They smell great! I like the purple ones, and there seems to be a new, darker purple variety. At my home we have a white lilac tree. They smell nice, but they're the wrong color! I also like irises, but they're just too fragile. They only last a day or two, and they're gone. And they're expensive.
2. We all seem to have those little areas or things of our life that get neglected. Maybe it is a plant or something that needs cleaning or even some movies you keep meaning to watch. Tell us something in your life that gets neglected using the examples as a guide. Wow! I could just use your examples!
I have a non-self-cleaning oven that needs to be cleaned. I have an LP record that I've had for, oh, five years that I haven't listened to yet! I've got two movies I can think of that I've had for some time that I haven't watched. And I still haven't made it all the way through the Johnny Quest box set either.
3. What is your favorite comfort food(s)?
Probably smothered beef and onions over egg noodles. Hot turkey sandwiches are a fav too.
4. Do you have any heartfelt beliefs and how strongly do you hold to them?
As a Christian, I have many. One, though, hit home with me this week. I saw a photo online of an aborted fetus. I'm strongly pro-life, but many pro-life people want to hit you over the head with super graphic images of what abortion does. And I don't think it helps our cause. There was one time some pro-lifer with a sandwich board had a way to graphic image, showing it to all the world. I was angered, and Susan started to cry. I'm not denying that abortion happens that way. I've seen the photos of babies in a trash can. And, if people want to protest that way, they can. But I don't think it will change anyone's mind.
Ok, so why did this hit home this week. Well, I saw a photo online. It's a photo of a 4 month old aborted fetus. And instead of hitting you over the head with graphic, bloody detail, it treated this un-loved infant with the proper respect it deserved. Here it is. No blood, no gore, but it is sad. It is, after all, a dead baby. Or is this just a mass of cells, just part of the mother? (That's a hand with a rose to the right, if you can't make it out.)
5. Tell us something you do every week that you hate to do?
Well, there isn't really anything I hate to do. I'm not big on going to the dump and mowing the lawn, but those are just annoyances. Not hate, really.
Replies: 2 people have rocked the mic!
1. Wild violets and lilacs
2. My car always need to be vacuumed.
3. Macaroni, tomatoes, and hamburg
4. I believe that this life is only a snippet of the time that we live. We exist before we are born and after we die. I'm not sure how it all works, but I believe life is eternal...both ways. I also believe that none of us are in each other's lives for arbitrary reasons. We are sent for each other. We have things to teach and much to learn.
5. See #2
Posted by Aunt Ginny @ 06/03/2006 03:26 PM EST
This weekend I took my 10 year old neice to Augusta to shop. It seems the Democractic Convention was taking place at the civic center. Accross the street from WalMart. There were a small group of people standing on the side of the road with several HUGE pictures of an aborted fetus for all to see. Something great for a 10 year old girl. These pictures were presented in the name of God and religion. All these people were doing was fueling the fire for people to be against God and religions. They come across as being idiots. Selfish, disgusting idiots. If I didn't know better I would send me running from ANY religious pursuit I may have been thinking about.
Posted by Aza @ 06/05/2006 10:31 AM EST