[Previous entry: "Busy Monday Madness"] [Main Index] [Next entry: "Merry Christmas, You Stink!"]
12/14/2007 Entry: "Gina's MI-25!"
1. Do you usually use wrapping paper or gift bags?
Usually, wrapping paper, though a bag does get used on occasion.
2. Is your tree a real tree or is it artificial?
Fake. Real trees are a pain to deal with.
3. If you do put a tree up, when do you usually do this?
Whenever there's time. We have no specific day. This year, it was last Saturday.
4. When do you take your tree down? Any specific reason for this – tradition etc?
Same as #3. No particular time.
5. What about eggnog? Do you like it? Any special ingredients added?
Do I like egg nog? Oh yeah! And, for the last few nights, Susan and I have taken store bought nog (no where near as good as Uncle Ade's version) and put a little spiced rum in it. Just a touch. Delicious. Still way off from Uncle Ade. Like, blocks away way off.
6. Do you have a nativity scene? A menorah?
I do believe we have a nativity scene. We do not have a menorah.
7. What was a special (or favorite) gift you received as a child?
My first drum set. As I got older, a target .22 rifle from my grandfather and a bass drum microphone from my wife (then girlfriend) and Mom became special.
8. Who is your hardest person to buy for? Why?
My Mom. She offers no hints.
9. Who is your easiest person to buy for?
10. Do you send Christmas (or holiday) cards? Email or snail mail?
Usually Susan does a family photo card. I think she ran out of time this year.
11. What was the worst Christmas present you ever received?
I can't think of any, really.
12. What is your favorite holiday movie?
A Christmas Carol. I remember one particularly dark version of the movie I watched over at Papa's house. The scene where they fly out the window among the spirits was particularly gruesome in this version. (That particular scene, incidentally, is left out of most versions.) Now that I have a Tivo, I Tivo every version I can find. I haven't found it yet.
13. When do you start your holiday shopping?
Sometime in November.
14. Have you ever recycled a present?
15. What is your favorite thing to eat during the holidays?
16. What about the lights on your tree – colored, clear, mixed?
I like colored, and I like blinking ones. I seem to recall my Dad was anti-blink, but my sister tells me Mom was anti-blink. I seem to recall growing up, they didn't blink. I say BLINK! I'm so rebellious.
17. What is your favorite Christmas/holiday song?
I can't pick one. I like too many. How about a short list? "How Great Our Joy"; "Gabriel's Message"; "God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen"; "Coventry Carol"; "March of the Sugar Rum Cherries."
18. Do you travel or stay home for the holidays?
Stay home. We do travel to Ma's and Mom's, but they're only 15 minutes away.
19. Can you name all of Santa’s reindeer?
20. What goes on the top of your tree? Angel, star, squirrel?
A star. It blinks. :-)
21. Do you open presents on Christmas Eve, or Christmas morning?
22. What’s the most annoying thing about this time of year?
23. Will you attend a religious service this Christmas season?
24. What would you really like to receive on Christmas this year?
Some new garbage cans.
25. And finally just to see if you’re paying attention, in A Charlie Brown Christmas, what does Lucy want for Christmas?
A night alone in the pumpkin patch with Franklin?