[Previous entry: "Merry Christmas, Everyone!"] [Main Index] [Next entry: "A New Year of Capitalism"]
12/28/2007 Entry: "My MI-5, New Year Style"
1) Do you make New Year's resolutions? Why or why not? If yes, do you keep them? How long?
I don't make them. The whole "New Year" concept seems silly to me. I half think it's mostly an excuse for people to go drinking. I really never saw the point of the holiday to begin with. So no, I don't bother with resolutions.
2) "What are you doing New Year's, New Year's eve?"
I'm playing two gigs. Thankfully, this year they're in the same venue. (I wasn't so lucky last year.) I play with the steel drum band from 6-8pm, then from 8:30 - 11:30 I'm playing with a rock-a-billy band.
3) Would you rather be doing something else? What?
I'd rather be home with my beloved wife, snuggling on the couch, and going to bed two hours before the ball drop.
4) Have you got some goal you'd like to see come to fruition in 2008? New house, or get married, or something?
Sure, I'd like to move into a new Victorian in Spruce Head. Or maybe just a new fence in the back yard.
5) Have you a fond New Year's memory you'd like to share?
Since I'm not huge into New Year's, I don't have huge memories. There was one time there was a youth "Lock In" at the YMCA in Camden. That was fun. And, one time Susan and I threw a party with movies and such, and invited some friends. I believe that party featured Deathrow Gameshow, quite possibly the worst movie ever made.