[Previous entry: "Dreaming While Playing Bass"] [Main Index] [Next entry: "Stuff Everyone Knows About Me, Flossing, and Houses"]
01/23/2008 Entry: "Amy's "Unusual Things" Play Along"
Amy tagged me for this, and I decided I'd play along.
The Idea is simple: List 10 things you have done that others might not have done. Then Tag 5 people to do the same.
1) I've fathered twins! There's no real skill involved (well, maybe some skill), but most guys won't ever fall into this camp.
2) I've played the drums in front of 6000 people, and didn't get the least bit nervous. I've also played drums with Eddie Shaw and Kenny Neal, and I opened for Toy Caldwell (of Marshall Tucker fame) and Leon Russell. I've also seen my band name in lights above the words "Sold Out."
3) I have a hamburger named after me.
4) I've preached a sermon. I've washed feet, and had my feet washed.
5) I've had medical amnesia. When I was a kid, I was riding my bike, fell, and hit my head on the curb. There's about a 24 hour period in my life that, while conscious, I remember nothing. In fact, at the time, I didn't remember who my parents where. There's supposedly a x-ray of my head with my father's hand on it, where he had to hold me down on the table.
6) I've driven a 1898 Singer Dual Propulsion Tricycle. You pedal with your feet AND your arms. You steer it by twisting one of the handles.
7) I have driven a fire truck.
8) I directed a radio play based on Poe's "The Raven."
9) I've been a DJ on a 50k watt radio station. I once spent the night in the station, in the sales office, under a desk. There was a blizzard outside.
10) I once spent the night in the bed of my pick-up. The following morning, I washed my hair in a Wal-Mart bathroom.
Who do I want to play? Well, Amy already tagged my sister. So how about Susan, Jim, Aunt Ginny, Melanie, and Dave Clarke. (Dave doesn't even read here, but I don't have many friends.)
Replies: 3 people have rocked the mic!
you are right...I havent even done one of those things. I am pretty sure I will never ever do number 1! LOL.
Posted by Amy @ 01/23/2008 05:40 PM EST
You have more friends than you realize!!!! I don't know who they are but any dude as awesome as you will never have a shortage.
As for your list, I can't FATHER twins because well, I'm a girl and as far as medical advances have come & moral break downs have sunk, still there is no chance but I have AUNTED Twins (is that a word) & they are awesome!
#2 I have played drums on the seat in front of me at a women of faith conf. and there were certainly over 6k people there. I think that is about as close as I am going to come.
#3 I've seen the hamburger named after you. I prefer their breakfasts Mmmmm. Brass Compass - I need to get back there.
#4 I've taught Singles Bible Study & I currently teach Kingdom Kids twice a month. Again, as a girl, that is about as close as I am going to get.
#5 Amnesia? Well I lose my keys lots and frequently forget why I went into the other room. Does that come close?
#6 I've fallen off a unicycle
#7 I've had a car (not a truck) catch on fire.
#8 When I was a kid we were so Poe that it wouldn't have surprised me if that bird we ate wasn't chicken. (Ok that is just gross - sorry)
#9 Yeah you got me on that one
#10 I once spent 6 months living in a tent in the woods. I was 3 & my parents were hippies. They thought it was cool. I was too young to let them know a hot bath and a shingled roof is NOT a luxury!
Posted by Melanie @ 01/23/2008 09:03 PM EST
Friends?! I suspect lots more than you really know. If I wasn't so um, er, lazy with my blog I'd do this to.
Posted by aza @ 01/24/2008 09:05 AM EST