[Previous entry: "Friday Fill-In"] [Main Index] [Next entry: "Home Sick"]
03/19/2008 Entry: "Amy, to Lisa, to Me: The Movie Meme"
Behold, the rules:
* Pick fifteen of your favorite movies.
* Go to IMDB and find a quote from each movie.
* Post them on your blog for everyone to guess.
* Fill in the film title once it's guessed.
This part is for the reader:
* No Googling or using IMDB search functions.
* Leave your answer(s) in the comments.
Here are my 15. One note: Two of these was not from IMDB, but I just had to use them.
1) "Really wonderful idea. What an incredible smell you've discovered! Let's get out of here! Get away from there..." Star Wars, correctly guessed by Jimmy T.
2) "The only thing that worried me was the actual killing. How does one do that? Hmmm? How does one kill a man? It's one thing to dream about it; very different when, when you, when you have to do it with your own hands."
3) "Six hours of sleep is enough for a man, seven for a woman, and eight for a fool."
4) "The blues ain't nothin' but a good man feelin' bad, thinkin' 'bout the woman he once was with."
5) "Short of the outbreak of World War Three, the ship sinking... being attacked by a giant octopus, I'd like to be undisturbed for the next thirty minutes." "Crimson Tide", correctly guessed by Amy.
6) " 'S'mofo butter layin' me to da' BONE! Jackin' me up... tight me!" "Airplane", correctly guessed by my beloved.
7) "And may I say that Miss Lucy is hotter than a June bride riding bareback buck naked in the middle of the Sahara!"
8) "You're right, I did lose a million dollars last year. I expect to lose a million dollars this year. I expect to lose a million dollars *next* year. You know, Mr. Thatcher, at the rate of a million dollars a year, I'll have to close this place in... 60 years." "Citizen Kane", mostly correctly guessed by my beloved.
9) "Sucking all the marrow out of life doesn't mean choking on the bone." "Dead Poets Society", correctly guessed by Amy.
10) "What are those things crawling about on your eyebrows?"
11) "You Americans, you're all the same. Always overdressing for the wrong occasions." Raiders of the Lost Ark, correctly guessed by Jimmy T.
12) "We got two honkies out there, dressed like Hasidic diamond merchants." "The Blues Brothers", correctly guessed by my beloved.
13) "We are the music makers... and we are the dreamers of dreams." "Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory", correctly guessed by Amy.
14) "Who played coronet for Jacques St. Claire on 'Vital Stats?'" "That Thing You Do", correctly guessed by my beloved.
15) Love Interest: I was lying naked on a beach in the South Seas. The tide was coming up to my toes. The sun was beating down. My skin hot and cool at the same time. It was wonderful. What was yours?
Hero: I dreamed I tore all the skin off my face and was somebody else underneath.
Replies: 5 people have rocked the mic!
#7 is the only one that even sounds familiar. I'm off to google it now!
Posted by Lisa @ 03/19/2008 05:12 PM EST
Well, I have seen #7 several times. I actually liked that movie. I think I went to see that one with Bill Maddox! I might have come up with it eventually, but it would've driven me nuts for several days.
Posted by Lisa @ 03/19/2008 05:14 PM EST
5- That is either Hunt for Red October or Crimson Tide...I get them confused...I am gonna guess....Crimson Tide.
9- Dead Poets Society? Its been a long time since I have seen that movie but I did love it and am pretty sure that is right.
13- Willy Wonka and the Chocoate Factory. Gads I love that movie. This is the only one I am SURE of
Posted by Amy @ 03/20/2008 12:41 AM EST
#8-I can't think of the title, but I think it's the "Rosebud" movie
#14-That Thing You Do
Posted by beloved @ 03/20/2008 07:26 AM EST
#1 is Star Wars
#11 is the third Indiana Jones
I guess that is it. The other ones I would have known have been guessed.
Posted by Jim @ 03/22/2008 10:50 AM EST