[Previous entry: "Web designs and Designers"] [Main Index] [Next entry: "The Friday Night/Saturday Morning Post"]
02/04/2005 Entry: "MI-5"
Courtesy of Maggi Blue. (Ooh-Ooh Maggie, Maggie Blue...)
1. Your biggest fear? (and I don't mean....spiders)
Losing one of my children. I don't know what I would do. I'd be a complete basket case. Heck, losing anyone in my family is not looking too cool, really. Not that it does for anyone, by so far, I haven't had a lot of experience with death.
2. What is one of your strongest passions...something that would make you crazy if you could not do?
Playing the drums. It's funny, as I don't really play as much as I should. I give 2 1/2 hours worth of drum lessons each week, and play on the weekends when I have gigs, and usually have some band practice somewhere once a week... Ok, I guess I do get some playing time in! I guess it's just practice time I don't do.
3. What is your most most sublime moment? (if any)
Julia's birth. I remember I stood by Susan's head for the vast majority of it. I made a conscious decision at a marriage conference we attended years ago to put her first in the family pecking order. So my job was to be there for her--and let the doctors worry about the baby. Anyway, and soon as she came out, I burst into tears. It wasn't one of those cries that you feel coming on. It was just instant crying. With the boys, it was different. After Nathaniel, there was still Matt left in there, so again, needing to be there for Susan, I kept my wits about me (mostly--though I still cried--just not as hard).
4. What is one thing you are very confident that you are good at?
I can play a basic shuffle with pretty good feel, and can swing it.
5. What is a one part of your personality that you are very secretive about?
Well, it's not really a secret to those who know me, or those that read here with any regularity, but I have this very melancholy/macabre side that comes out every now and again. Sometimes, I just like to be a little blue. That's the weird part. Sometimes, I like it.
Replies: 1 person has rocked the mic!
1. Death of a loved one; fire.
3. Childbirth x 2
4. Preparing Wills and Powers of Attorney
5. I don't think any of my personality is secretive--although I think I may be more angry (or maybe it's depressed) than others might expect.
Posted by Lisa @ 02/04/2005 09:05 AM EST