[Previous entry: "Maggi's MI-5"] [Main Index] [Next entry: "My Sister Sent This"]

10/02/2005 Entry: "Weekend Wrap Up"

Friday night, after work, I came home. Julia had next door neighbor Taylor over for a slumber party. Supper consisted of teriyaki steak sirloin tips and rice. We thought we'd watch The Incredibles, but only got about 20 minutes in before the girls were pooped. I noticed Matt felt a little warm, and we took his temp; it was 102. So the twins went to bed. I made a small martini with the last of the Bombay Sapphire that I bought back in 2003. Then bed for the adults.

Saturday, Susan got up with the boys, and let me sleep. I didn't get up until 8:15, which is real late for me now. I hopped in the shower to get ready for work. Susan mentioned while I was in there that the skunk had been in the trash. He better be careful, as I can be pretty mean to skunks. I went to the office, and being a lovely fall day, no one called for computer tech support--no one was using their computers! I got home a little after noon. Susan had some errands to run, so I stayed home with a still sick Matt, and Susan took Nat with her. (Julia was playing over at Taylor's house.) I worked on getting some things ready for my wedding next Saturday, and got some dishes washed. Susan was home late afternoon, just as I was putting Matt down for a nap. Supper consisted of twice baked potatoes made with ham, swiss, buttermilk, and some diced poblanos that Paddy gave me. Total yum. I have been searching for the truly great mashed potato. I have found it. Kosher salt and buttermilk with lotsa black pepper. Susan and I agree that buttermilk will be a new fridge staple. We were so tired Saturday night that we went to bed around nine, I think.

Sunday. I got up at 7am and made chocolate chip muffins. Then Susan and I got some spaghetti sauce going in the crockpot, as we had Sunday dinner duty. There was a little snafu with the speaker for church. He wasn't able to teach the adult Sunday school. So Saturday (whoops, I forgot this part) after supper, I put together a little something on Ruth chapter four. Hey, it filled 1/2 hour, but my content left a lot to be desired. After 4 hours in the crockpot, the spaghetti sauce was yummy. Back to the church to do a few little things. Home in the afternoon, I worked on my Wednesday night Bible study lesson. (Have I mentioned I'm leading the Bible study? Able bodied men at church are getting hard to come by!) At about 5pm I took the old WFLs out of the car, and replaced them with the Tamas. Then off to evening church, where snafu #2 took place: I apparently booked two speakers for the same night. I had brother Tim in the book for the 9th and 16th. He had it in the book as the 2nd and the 9th. Ah well, he got the night off and brother Wally preached on Lazarus--the dead friend of Jesus Lazarus, not the rich man and the beggar Lazarus. Now I am home, writing this for you, and about to eat leftover twice baked potatoes!

Powered By Greymatter